Sunday, August 12, 2018

Looking for Help with Family History...Maybe you can help.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am the publisher of the Grand Prairie Herald in Hazen, AR, so I know that this may be a big question that you don't have time to deal with. I appreciate any help that you can give. Or if you could just point me in the right direction, I would be eternally grateful.

My father, William Franklin, or it may have been William Leslie (Bill) Woods was adopted by the Woods family in Warren in 1929. We think that his grandfather was a doctor in Warren, also named William Woods. We also think that his brother (who was born after my dad was adopted) was the postmaster of the Warren post office at one time. Their parents died of tuberculosis when my dad was around 8, so that would have been in 1937.

Do any of these names ring a bell?  Is there anyone in the town who might remember back that far that I could contact?

Thanks in advance for you help with this,

Roxanne Woods Bradow, publisher and managing editor

If you have any information, email it to salineriverchronicle@gmail.com.  They will pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment